How do you start selling Chalk Couture? What are the business opportunities with Chalk Couture? Do I have to start selling Chalk Couture if I become a Chalk Couture designer? In this post, you’ll learn the answers to these and other burning questions!
A couple of weeks ago I shared this post about Chalk Couture. (It’s become my newest crafting obsession!) I love sharing with you things that I truly love, and am excited about. I’m very excited about Chalk Couture, and it’s crafting and business possibilities!
Chalk Couture is so fun to use to make all kinds of projects, but their main thing is chalkboard art. With their Chalkology paste and transfers, it’s so fast and easy to make wall art for your home. But, it can also be used on gift bags, glass, metal and wood.
What I’m most excited about is their new permanent ink that can be used on fabric! The possibilities are endless, and I have so many ideas for how to use it on fabric for our home.
I’ve gotten quite a few questions about how to start selling Chalk Couture, so I’m going to try to answer them today.
HOW TO GET STARTED SELLING CHALK COUTURE
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO SELLING CHALK COUTURE?
- You get 40% off of everything you order from Chalk Couture, which for me was the biggest perk. You can order products for yourself, or order products to sell in shops. You can even order products to have local parties where customers can try out the products.
- Chalk Couture sets you up with your own website where you can sell Chalk Couture products. This is a great way to sell products because you don’t have to keep the inventory at your house or ship it out. They take care of everything. You will earn 25% of all online orders.
- Eventually you may have a team below you, so you’ll also earn from their sales too.
- If you want to have your own business, Chalk Couture is a very low cost way to start one.
- If you decide that being a designer is not your thing, you can close your shop very easily. No questions asked!
WHAT IS THE COST INVOLVED IN BECOMING A CHALK COUTURE DESIGNER?
- Your first cost will be purchasing the Chalk Couture starter kit. The cost for the starter kit is $99.00, and it has a value of over $250.00. From January 1, 2019 this is what comes in the starter kit:
- Once you’ve signed up with Chalk Couture, and have ordered your start kit, then you’re an independent designer. Each designer has his or her own website, which is hosted and maintained by Chalk Couture. The cost to run the designer site is $19.99/month. Each month, as a designer, you’ll receive a free transfer as part of the Chalk Couture Monthly Club. So, the cost to start as a Chalk Couture designer is $99.00 for the starter kit and $19.99 a month to run your site. (Your first month is FREE!)
IS THERE TRAINING ONCE YOU BECOME A CHALK COUTURE DESIGNER?
- Don’t worry, you won’t be left to fend for yourself! I will always be available to answer questions.
- My leader has started a fabulous Facebook group for the designers under her, and you will be added to that group. There are some great tips for growing your Chalk Couture business in this group, as well as helpful and supportive peers to learn from.
- Chalk Couture also has some videos and pictures that you can use to help you grow your business.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT WAYS TO SELL CHALK COUTURE PRODUCTS?
- You can become a designer to get the products at the 40% discount, and use them to make your own projects cheaper.
- You can also be a designer and use the 40% discount to make items to sell in shops or at craft fairs. You can also sell your items on the Chalk Couture site!
- Or you may want to build a team of designers. The more designers you have under you, the more money you’ll make.
I’m not a big fan of pushy sales people, and that’s not how I like to be. I won’t be pushing you to sell, sell, sell, I’ll only give you the tools and you can run your business how you want to.
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP TO BECOME A CHALK COUTURE DESIGNER?
Click Here https://chalkcouture.com/Leatherandlace
Once you click the link above, you’ll see a page that looks like this:
- Fill in all of the blanks. Most are pretty self-explanatory. When you get to Store Name (Public ID), this is what you would like your shop name to be. If you’re just starting out, it can be your name. I already had my business name, Newton Custom Interiors, so that’s what I used for my store name.
- Enter your email address where you would like to be notified about orders, etc.
- Create a password for your account.
- Once you’ve filled out the form, continue on to the payment for the starter kit.
Your starter kit will take a week or so to arrive at your home, and then the fun begins! It really is fun to use the Chalk Couture products to create things. It’s almost addictive!
*Also, you will receive a one-time,50% off coupon in an email within a week of signing up! Great for stocking up on products on your wish list!
Let me know if you have any other questions!
If Chalk Couture is not your thing, no worries! I’ll be back with more home decor and organization projects soon!